How to get round to doing things you don't want to....

Sunday, 23 June 2013

A common habit that we all tend to fall into at some point of our lives and some worse than others (i'm looking at myself here) is that we put off doing something. Like take for examples, tomorrow. The new day awaits me and I'm thinking, right I'll really go to the gym tomorrow and have a good workout but at the same time I'm thinking "how good will a cadburys strawberries and creme taste" and "I still haven't tried the new cadbury's marvellous popping candy choc yet" another bad habit I have is dividing habits into "good" and "bad" so eating chocolate tomorrow is bad and going to the gym is good and the two activities are not miscible, they're like oil and water they can't be done on the same day. It's a really irrationale way of thinking and one that I am trying hard to work on. So, anyway I really do not want to go to the gym tomorrow, I'm sick of seeing the same people everyday, I'm sick of the annoying music the gym plays, I'm sick of the staff. The good thing about the gym that I go to is that it's 24 hours so technically I can avoid all three of the above and go at some ridiculous, anti-social hour but who wants to traipse out at midnight for a workout? I have to learn to accept that there are some activities that you just will not have the motivation for, ever but they have to be done. So , get on with it! Also, you WILL feel shit if you spend another day eating chocolate. You will. So, why put yourself through it? 

1 comments:

  1. I've always had an issue with doing things that I do not want to do and putting them off for another day.

    "Why do it tomorrow when you can do it today?"
    Good luck with keeping up your exercise schedule, it can be a pain, but it's beneficial to you health

    http://themissore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Audrey's Expectations All rights reserved Powered by Blogger