Day 1 of 28. CBT.

Tuesday, 17 December 2013

I am going to make a conscious effort to do this. Exercise my mind, daily. I really hope this helps me stop bingeing. 

I spent a total of 12 days eating right and then BAM, without any apparent, obvious reason I was eating and eating and eating....

Let's talk ANGER

Think of a time when you were angry or irritated. 

I got really angry the other night because Catherine brought up the fact that I had just eaten a massive meal and she wondered how I would feel the next day and whether I would want to work out the next day and then we got talking about whether I would ever be able to control my eating habits and I got worried, she started telling me about some woman who had the same thing happening to her for 10 years and how she would always jump from eating excessively to eating nothing at all. 

I felt really scared and so ashamed. I felt so angry with myself because I failed again and I had eaten like a pig AGAIN. 

Anxiety and Fear

Last night when I was eating my strudel, I just looked at my giant bowl of unhealthiness. A massive strudel, high in sugar and then the biggest amount of custard. I started worrying about all the awful things I was putting into my body and whether I would ever be able to control my eating habits. It worries me so much that this is what my life will be like forever. 

MY negative thoughts
  • I am never going to be able to control my eating habits.
  • I am going to be stuck in this sort of lifestyle forever
  • I find it so difficult to stop myself from eating
  • I can't stop eating
Distortions. 

"I am never going to be able to control my eating habits" This is an example of fortune-telling as nobody can predict what will happen in the future.

"I am going to be stuck in this lifestyle forever" again fortune-telling. who knows what tomorrow will bring. 

"i find it so difficult to stop myself from eating" magnification. you might find it a struggle to say no, but it isn't difficult. Difficult would be running the marathon on an empty stomach. Difficult is many things but saying no to food is not one of those things. 

"i can't stop eating" well, believe it or not there are large parts of your day when you are not eating so this again is magnification/exaggeration. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Audrey's Expectations All rights reserved Powered by Blogger